Working in a restaurant and cooking so much this past year has taught me one major thing about why people eat out so much. In general, WE don’t have the time to cook and be healthy on a daily basis. I say we because even though I work with food every day, I still don’t have time to eat proper meals day to day. We all have our health kicks and hit the gym for a week straight and eat endless salads and expect to be supermodel thin right away, but how long does it really last? At the end of the day, it comes down to time. Some of us have jobs, kids, school or all 3. I don’t have kids and I’m not in school and I still struggle to find the time. At the end of a long day, the last thing you want to do is make dinner and pack a healthy meal for your lunch the next day.
Another major turn off for people is the preconceived notion that healthy food never tastes good. That’s the biggest mistake any one can make when it comes to changing your eating habits. One thing I’ve always disliked was a picky eater. Disliking something because “it’s green” is no longer a valid excuse. My four year old niece can still get away with it, but it doesn’t work if you are old enough to read this post.
Every one is understandably busy with every day life and can’t hit the gym but changing your eating habits is half the battle. In a world where a salad costs 10$ and a cheeseburger cost 1$, I have become determined to making healthy eating affordable for anyone who truly wants to change their eating habits. A new body starts in the kitchen. You could go to the gym every day and bust your behind but there’s no point if you are not fueling yourself properly. Everyone loves a cheat day so I decided to make “cheat day” guilt free with deliciousness that doesn’t taste like you’re missing out. Going cold turkey and going on a drastic diet with little food may help you hit your short term goals, but in the long run health and a changed lifestyle is the key.
So, what exactly does the meal prep include? How can you order? How much does it cost? Where can I pick up the food? How often is the food prepared? I’ve gathered the most asked questions and answered them for you!
What does the meal prep include?
- Each week has a set menu with a lunch and a dinner for the day. You have the choice of whichever day you would like based off of those meals. You could do one day or all five days but each day will always include a balanced lunch and dinner.
How can you order?
- Personal orders can be placed directly with myself via email email@example.com or through Instagram @_kitchenaddiction
- Each Wednesday, a menu for the following week will be posted and you will have a chance to decide what you want and get your order in by each Friday. Fridays will be a deadline for ordering to ensure adequate supplies and ingredients for anyone ordering.
How much does it cost?
- Each day will cost 15$ for a lunch and dinner. This is a day to day cost as you chose which days you would like. If you do 2 days, it will be $30 for 2 lunches and 2 dinners. That’s $7.50 a meal! If you chose to do all 5 days, the cost will be $75 for 10 meals.
Where can I pick up the food?
- Orders will be available for pickup (or delivery for a small extra fee) on Sundays, Tuesdays & Thursdays. Pick ups will be at Edie’s Eatery located at 23 S 9th Street in Allentown.
How often is the food prepared?
- Meals will be prepared every 2 days on the pick up days to ensure you are picking up fresh meals. I am not a fan of having food in the fridge all week so in order to keep things as fresh as possible I am preparing every 2 days.
Please feel free to contact me directly with any other questions you may have.