There are very few things I love more than potatoes. Mashed, roasted or sautéed, I just love them. By themselves they are a blank canvas and can really be turned into so many different things with so many different flavors.
I love flavor combinations. Running out of your go-to spices usually sparks a little creativity. I ran out of garlic powder and had some fresh chives on hand so I rummaged through my spices and stumbled upon my smoked paprika. The rich smokey flavor and brilliant color was a perfect match for my chives. If you are not familiar with chives, they are small than scallions and have a milder taste. None the less they come from the onion family. It’s hard to find them really fresh and crispy this time of the year but if you are a local, than stop by Produce Junction! They always have chives and a bunch of other fresh herbs.
I got baby gold potatoes since they were easier to clean and I did not have to peel them. If you are using regular potatoes, make sure they are cut up bite size and most importantly CLEAN. The skin of the potatoes is what soaks up the seasonings so it’s also a good idea to keep them on. They get really soft once they bake so don’t worry about them being tough.
What You Need For 6 Servings
- 2-3 pounds of gold potatoes quartered or halved into bite size pieces(you could use redskins just make sure they are CLEAN
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each of salt, pepper, onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
The Easy Process
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- On a baking sheet, spread out your cut potatoes. Add your oil, all of your seasonings and garlic and toss together to evenly coat all of the potatoes. Do not put the chives on until they are done cooking so they don’t burn out.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. Check them at 20 minutes to see if they need more time.
- Once they are done, toss your chives over the potatoes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.