Why are people so grossed out by brussel sprouts? It seems like every time they are mentioned people cringe. We’ve come a long way from the days where people would only boil them and serve them up with no seasoning or flavor. Besides, bacon makes everything taste better right?
This is one certainly something you can introduce this Thanksgiving. I am soooooo not a fan of frozen or canned veggies so I went all the way fresh with this recipe and used raw, uncooked or unpreserved sprouts. Fresh is always always always better! Longer but better.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 cups of sliced Brussels. I chop the ends off and just cut into thin strips. They will naturally break apart
- 1/2 pound of MAPLE bacon chopped before you cook. Trust me the maple gives it an unbelievable flavor but you can certainly use regular bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium sized non stick skillet on medium high and add your bacon. It is important to make sure it is chopped up first so the bits cook faster and evenly.
3. Add your brussel sprouts to the leftover bacon grease with a tbsp of butter and cook for about 7 minutes on medium heat until they are tender.
4. Once they are tender, add your bacon back in with the salt and pepper to taste and it’s that easy. Let the flavors cook together for about a minute then remove from heat and serve immediately