I have officially found my new favorite bean salad. I have been searching for something light yet filling and I found it in this little gem. I appreciate any recipes that require no cooking at all. If you can pour things in a large box and mix it, than you can make this simple and delicious salad that you can eat as a full meal or refreshing side dish. Perfect for the summer! I am literally going to bring this to everyone’s cookout this summer.
I found a version of this salad on Pinterest but was turned off by some of the ingredients in the original recipe like mint, parsley and apple cider vinegar. I added some things and took some out and made my own.
What you need:
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 small cans of black beans
- Bundle of fresh cilantro
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red onion or 1/2 medium
- Cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the light dressing:
- Mix the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. It’s THAT simple. Put that aside as you chop and prep all of your ingredients.
For the salad:
- Wash and drain all of the beans in a medium strainer. Pour them into a mixing bowl.
- Add your diced onion and cucumber.
- Add your sliced tomatoes. Mix well.
- Add your dressing and give it a toss.