Perfect little Sunday fun day breakfast idea to switch it up from the typical omelet. So quick and simple, they’re worth waking up an extra 30 mins early on a weekday also. You can swap out any ingredients for something similar but here’s a base recipe! Enjoy 🍴
Serving size: 12 muffins. Realistically, 2 muffins per person, unless your name is Tatiana and you prefer 3-4 for yourself.
Prep: 10 minutes. Cook: 20-23 minutes
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 lb bacon (or any breakfast meat of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 4 golden potatoes
- 2 ounces of your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and grate all of your potatoes until they become hash. You have to pat them down with paper towel to soak up some of the starchy water. Then add to a skillet with a tbsp of butter and cook until golden brown. The trick to perfect hash browns is to add it to the pan and make an even layer and just let them cook and get brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium skillet, fry chopped pieces of bacon. (Do not cook until super crispy because they will continue to cook while in the oven)
- Once the bacon is halfway done, add chopped bell peppers and onions to cook along with the bacon, just until slightly tender.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a liquid measure cup. Add salt and pepper to taste. ( I add very little salt because the bacon already has enough)
- Add your hash browns to the bottom of a greased muffin tin to form a base layer. Pour in whisked egg mixture, top with shredded cheese and ENJOY!